Sunday, January 5, 2014

Our LA Chronicles: Friends and Fun in the Cali Sun

I moved to The Valley on 11/30/13. Have a one bedroom apartment with hard wood floors and a fire place (a real wood burning fireplace!) in Van Nuys. I now have a 20 minute drive to work, on surface streets, rather than a 2 1/2+ hour commute on the freeway. Sweet! Growing up in Orange County, I feel like such a City Girl when I go out about in LA. Everything is so close! And...well...I am in LA!

I love LA and all of it's rich history and unique blend of cultures. There so much to see and do at any given time. I am charmed and sometimes overwhelmed at the options. To keep everything organized on my To See and/or To Do List, I created a community on Google+ called "Our LA Chronicles..."

At first, my intention for the creation of the commnity was to provide options for outings for a specific group of friends that live in/around LA. So we can have a solid plan to follow through with; to hang out and do something rather than just texting about getting together and never really doing much to make it happen.

Not so sure the friendsies are as excited about the LA things as I am...so it's no longer for and/or about them. It's now for and/or about me. Things I find interesting and fun, new opportunities for adventure in and around the city I am growing to love. I keep saying that I am tired of doing things by myself, but truth be told: I'm my favorite adventure companion. So... here goes nothin...



No comments:

Post a Comment